- USAA Eligibility Requirement: Today, USAA membership is only open to U.S. military service members, veterans who have received an discharge type of Honorable, and their eligible family members.
- It's a real credit card - not a prepaid or debit card, that helps you build or improve your credit score.
- When you apply - you'll also be opening a USAA 2-year Certificate of Deposit (CD), an interest-earning deposit account that has a two-year term and a $250-minimum initial deposit.
- Your CD is a security deposit - the money you put in upfront, from $250 to $5,000, is the card's credit limit.
- Earn interest on your CD - your deposit is guaranteed to grow. Plus the money is yours to keep as long as you don't default on your payments.
- Start building your credit - opening a CD lets you get a credit card even if you don't have a credit history or have bad credit.
- Chip technology has added security when used at a chip-enabled terminal and greater acceptance worldwide.
Card Offer from our partner.
USAA Secured Card® Platinum MasterCard®
Apply for the Secured Card® Platinum MasterCard® by filling out a secure online application.
|Purchases Intro APR||N/A|
|Purchases Intro APR Period||N/A|
|Balance Transfers Intro APR||N/A|
|Balance Transfers Intro APR Period||N/A|
|Regular APR||9.90%-19.90% (Variable)|
*See the online application for more information about the terms and conditions for these credit card offers. Every sound attempt has been made to preserve precise information. However all credit card information is presented without guarantee. After clicking on the offer you desire you will be taken to the credit card issuer's web site where you can review the terms and conditions for your selected offer.